HOT Beauty: 5 Summer Beach Bum Hair Fixes…
According to top stylist Sam Villa, Founding Partner of Sam Villa and Redken Education Artistic Director, hair care rituals should change with the seasons. In the summer, protecting hair from the sun, water, chlorine and salt is a full time job while trying to look chic on the beach and poolside. Here are 5 Summer Hair Fixes Villa describes as simplexity – simple tips that deliver complex results.
1. Protect: Oils like Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine are light and deliver restorative and protective properties that maintain optimal health and control during the summer months. Perfect for 2nd and 3rd day hair and great for adding shine.
2. Set: Take advantage of the braid parade – tame hair poolside by braiding and then remove the set in the evening for casual curl and texture – can it be any easier?
3. Temperature: Don’t crank thermal tools up during the summer months when hair is fragile, stick to medium and color treated temperatures. And, slow down to speed up – slow down the pass with the iron so heat is directed to the sections of hair that need to be altered, it prevents unnecessary wear on hair and styles it much faster.
4. Spray: Hairspray is a women’s best friend, especially in summer when humidity and flyaways are a factor. Redken fashion work 12 versatile hairspray is formulated with Vitamins C and E to protect hair and prevent color fading, and it provides 24-hour humidity resistance and 8-hour control.
5. Shine: Blondes tend to be less shiny than darker hair hues, pump up the gloss with Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist – it has Vitamin B5 and camelina oil to boost hair’s natural shine and control frizz for an ultra polished look.
Sam Villa is founding partner of the Sam Villa® brand, Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Avenue and Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007). He is the pro that teaches the pros how to do hair. Check out his new consumer website (www.samvilla.com) for hot tips, tricks and techniques for achieving professional results at home, including professional recommendations for the tools needed to recreate the looks – Sam Villa Signature Series brushes, combs, thermal tools and blow dryers. Sam Villa’s HairShow Blowout Bar is located at LOOK Style Society at Town Square Las Vegas www.samvillahairshow.com. Facebook: SamVillaBrand; Youtube: SamVillaHair;Twitter: @samvilla; Pinterest: SamVillaHair; Instagram: @SamVillaHair + #SamVillaHowTo.