By Christabelle… @CBellesCloset (*Pure Editorial, Non-Paid Post)
Thinking of renovating your home in 2014? Don’t start sledge hammering your walls QUITE yet…at least not until you read the Top 10 interior design trends for 2014 from Neil Kelly Company, an award-winning design-build remodeling firm.
1. U-Socket: Apple devices reign in most households, so the new U-Socket wall plug has two built-in USB ports to power devices including iPhones, gaming devices, digital cameras, Kindles and iPads. The U-Socket also has a smart sensor that allows it to shut off when the device is fully charged — an environmentally friendly feature that prevents “vampire drain.”
2. Kicking the Shower to the Curb: Showers are becoming more popular than tubs. An increasingly popular feature is the curb-less shower.
3. Stand Alone Tubs: If homeowners want a tub experience in 2014, it’s likely they will select a free-standing tub as a structural element, which takes up much less space in the room than the old tiled-in tub deck.
4. Floating Shelves: Cabinets can make or break a kitchen design, and Neil Kelly design consultant Fabian Genovesi likes to break up the cabinet layout. “I design kitchens that are not just long runs of cabinets but that are broken up into different sections,” says Fabian. “Don’t take up all the space with cabinets. Have floating shelves, open spaces, and room to hang wall art.”
5. Cobalt Blue: While designers may disagree on what constitutes some trends in 2014, on one subject they all agree: Bright colors are most certainly “in.” Neil Kelly Design Consultant Suzie Atkin says cobalt blue is a particularly hot color.
6. From Modern to Modest: The industrial modern décor of 2013 will morph into a more relaxed, more classic and modest look in 2014. While stone, metal, and wood will still be popular, expect a more relaxed feel and rounded designs with earth shades and raw metal finishes.
7. Self-Expression: Whether it’s bold use of color or ornamentation, homeowners won’t be afraid to express their personality. Jeweled colors, gilded frames, and layered textiles will be methods of self-expression in 2014.
8. Multi-generational Living: Bathrooms will be outfitted with multi-generational features that can accommodate aging parents or boomerang kids. Wall mounted sinks for wheelchairs, walk-in bathtubs, and motion sensing faucets can make the bath a better experience for everyone.
9. Eco-friendly Cabinets: 2014 incorporates looks from Mother Nature, and cabinets will be no exception. Earth-friendly cabinets with no added formaldehyde and non-toxic glues, binders, and finishes will rise in demand.
10. Urban Downsizing: Downsizing continues to be a long-term trend. 2014 will see people interested in living in smaller spaces that are closer to urban downtowns rather than larger houses in the suburbs.
About Neil Kelly Company
The Neil Kelly Company helps Northwest homeowners care for all aspects of their homes. Services include award-winning design-build remodeling, energy upgrades and home repairs big and small. Established in 1947, the firm has a national reputation for its innovative design-build remodeling and new home construction.
Hey that’s really exciting; you really are doing great, keep it up! Just want to share more, better service, and visit the following:
Architects In Hyderabad
The points which are discussed in this blog about the interior design is really nice and more informative. A more tangible reason that interior design is important it is that it will help to increase the value of your home.
thanks for the design ideas