The Correct Path for your Facial Corrections
Dr. Monica Tadros Creates a Port to Beauty
No matter your age – you have likely given some thought to bettering your face and body. Be it a fat removal, facials or fillers, goals tend to include keeping ourselves in tip-top shape…for now and the future. Whatever your beauty plans include, the idea of planning is crucial and knowledge is your key to garnering the best results and keeping yourself safe.
When it comes to fillers, I always thought about the end result giving little acknowledgement to the “getting there”. That is until I met Dr. Monica Tadros (NYC; Englewood, NJ), who introduced me to a technique that has changed my entire outlook on the procedure.
Traditionally when getting fillers, the process went something like this for me:
- Stay away from blood thinning medications and alcohol three days prior and 1 day after (along with no gym the day of and after – which is A-OK by me!)
- Taking Arnica Montana the days leading up to the injections and the days after (to diminishin swelling and bruising)
- Brace for the injections to the correction site
- Expect bleeding at the injection sites and to NOT pass out because of it
- Stay inside to manage the swelling and bruising
- Wait a week (plus) for the injection site to stop looking like I was punched in the face
Upon meeting Dr. Tadros, the last four bullets above have changed and have altered my future of fillers entirely. On the day of my appointment for my nasolabial folds (i.e. the two skin folds that run from each side of the nose to the corners of the mouth), Dr. Tadros sat and spoke extensively to me about how SHE opts to perform this procedure.
Dr. Monica Tadros exclusively uses cannulas in her practice – NOT needles. Yes – this scared me too. It scared me a lot! As someone who is a bit queasy around needles and other foreign objects entering her body – hearing the word “cannula” made me want to run out of her office. But upon hearing this beautiful, soft spoken doctor explain how this works and the benefits to it, my nerves calmed immediately. She is thorough – explaining clearly not only before the procedure, but during and after as well.
Blunt cannulas are used in small injection sites on the face (in my case 4) to insert a “port”. From there, the dermal filler of choice is glided through the opening for facial augmentation. This might sound a bit barbaric to you – but when you think of the reduction of needle points made (sometimes more than 20 depending on the area being treated) – this procedure clearly has more advantages than not.
I will start with my own personal DISADVANTAGES (if you even want to call them that):
- The idea of a “blunt” object puncturing holes in my face FREAKED ME OUT
- There were times where I could hear “crunching” for lack of better words as the work was being done under the skin (next time, listening to music on my iPhone will be KEY to blocking that out
Now onto the ADVANTAGES:
- Cannulas are SAFER AND MORE ACCURATE (did you know that a traditional needle can puncture your blood vessels if not administered correctly and can cause damage for life? No – I didn’t either!)
- Using 1-2 ports on either side of the face (in most cases) allows the doctor to work on a LARGER area
- This method allows for better maneuverability, precision and placement – resulting in a more natural look
- NO BRUISING and VERY LITTLE SWELLING. This one is a biggie – especially for me. I waited and waited for the bruising to make me look like a ring fighter. NOTHING. NADA. Not a black and blue for miles. The swelling I experienced was nothing more than what my face looks like after a good sushi dinner with tons of soy sauce.
- The procedure is QUICK – much faster than the traditional methods I have experienced. Let me be clear – Dr. Tadros DID NOT RUSH the procedure…it is just faster using this method of injecting.
This girl will NEVER go back. Let’s be honest – this is a medical procedure. No medical procedures are fun! Though the use of blunt cannulas was far from “enjoyable” it was MORE enjoyable than being pricked by a needle repeatedly. It was also more “fun” than sitting in the dentist’ chair and with so much more to look forward to in the “after”.
Thanks to Dr. Monica Tadros, my face looks refreshed and rejuvenated. Those 4-entry area “holes” is what you were about to ask about, right? They healed in 2 days and looked like nothing more than small mosquito bites on my face.
My personal final thoughts: this is truly the only way I will get my fillers and Dr. Monica Tadros is the only doctor I will need for life to do so. Her expertise, bed side manner, and techniques are beyond A+ – she is a true definition of not only a doctor but a facial artist who loves what she does. Her patients are the utmost importance to her and her patience (especially with someone “nervous” like me, are unprecedented).
If you are interested in seeing Dr. Tadros at work, please watch the video below (CAUTION FOR THE FAINT AT HEART – this video does show the actual procedure on a patient – not me BTW).
For more information about booking a consultation and/or an appointment with Dr. Monica Tadros: https://drmonicatadros.com/
NJ PHONE: 201-771-8151; NYC PHONE: 646-385-3660
Center for Sinus, Sleep & Facial Plastic Surgery Plastic Surgeon in NJ
300 Grand Ave Englewood, NJ, 07631
Plastic Surgeon in NY
1000 Park Ave (at 84th St), New York, NY, 10028
ABOUT DR. TADROS:
Dr. Tadros is a distinguished Facial Plastic Surgeon & Reconstructive Surgeon and Educator. She has offices located on Park Avenue in Manhattan and in Bergen County, New Jersey.
Dr. Tadros specializes in rhinoplasty, sinus surgery, and plastic surgery in NJ. She is one of a small number of surgeons to attain dual board certification in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has combined the two specialties in her unique practice of aesthetic medicine. She was appointed the Director of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Asst. Professor of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at the prestigious Columbia University in 2006, where she taught many generations of residents and medical students, the art and science of Form and Function and the healing power of compassion.
Dr. Monica Tadros has received numerous awards and accolades for her forward thinking, teaching and innovations in Aesthetic Facial Surgery. In the highly evolving field of surgery, Dr. Tadros has pioneered the concept of Aesthetic Facial Surgery, a movement to bridge the gap between Form and Function. Read more about Aesthetic Facial Surgery and what is different about Dr. Tadros’ approach and techniques.
Choosing your doctor is one of the most important decisions you will make. Read more about how to choose a doctor. For full medical degrees, certifications, honors/awards and qualifications, please click HERE.
Leave a Reply