BEAUTY NEWS: Nail Care 101 by Celebrity Manicurist Skyy Hadley
Taking good care of your hands and nails is vital and celebrity manicurist and owner of As U Wish Nail Spa, Skyy Hadley is giving you the ultimate guide to nail care. Learn how to care for your nails with her tips and tricks as well as proper care essentials for keeping your nails healthy and beautiful.
1. Cuticle Oil:
Always use cuticle oil as it doesn’t just keep your feet soft and moisturized, it also keeps your nail polish from chipping.
- Sally Hansen products to use to keep hands/cuticle moisturized:
- Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil
- Sally Hansen Color Therapy Nail & Cuticle Oi
2. Let Your Cuticles Be:
Trimming or cutting cuticles during a manicure is purely cosmetic and sometimes doesn’t benefit the nail in any way. The cuticle is the barrier to protect the surrounding skin and help develop the nail from infections. (Bacteria)
3. The Proper Way to Cut Your Nails:
The best way to cut your nails is to make sure you clean under the nail otherwise bacteria could form. Use fingernail clippers for your fingers, and use toenail clippers for your toes. If you are unsure of what shape your nails should have, just look at your cuticles. The U-shape of the cuticle should be reflected (upside down) by the top of your nail. The primary goal is to mirror the shape.
4. All About The Base:
Don’t forget your base coat, it helps to give the color something to sink into besides your actual nails.
* Editor Note: we LOVE Sally Hansen Color Therapy Modern Neutrals, a collection that offers deep jewel hues and flesh tones. The line consist of 6 hues in varying finishes that also help to restore nails without sacrificing luminous color.**
5. Don’t Forget Your Top Coat:
This is a majorly important step if you want your nails to maintain high shine and luster. You can always keep reapplying topcoat every 2-3 days to continuously add strength and shine.