If you have ever been to my house for dinner, you might have experienced my famous Roasted Rosemary Potatoes with a little fabulous sprinkled on top. The sensual smell of Rosemary in home warms the soul and kind of makes me a little frisky (perhaps 2013’s newest aphrodisiac?).
I never thought to add Rosemary to a cocktail so I am thankful to our friends at SheKnows.com for this amazing cocktail recipe!
Rosemary-scented Champagne cocktail recipe
Rosemary adds a subtle hint of aromatic herbs to this delightful sparkler.
- 5 ounces Champagne
- 1/2 ounce Flor de Caña 7 Year Rum
- 1/2 ounce rosemary simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Lemon wedge
- Combine rum and rosemary simple syrup in a Champagne flute. Fill glass to the top with Champagne. Squeeze lemon into cocktail.
Rosemary simple syrup recipe
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 sprig rosemary (about 5 inches)
- Pull leaves off rosemary sprig and add to a small saucepan with sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce to a low boil for about 5 minutes until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and strain. Let cool completely. Store in refrigerator.
(21+ – please drink responsibly)