Redken Creative Consultant Guido kicked off Fashion Week in Milan today with a sharp, sleek and shiny chignon at Alberta Ferretti’s Fall 2012 show. Her collection this season was a departure from her typical ultra-feminine wear, designed for a strong, modern woman; it was decidedly darker, more masculine and more architectural. Guido wanted to match this with a hairstyle that was simple but strong.
“There seems to be a toughness going around. Even though Ferretti is a very romantic designer, she wanted something a little stronger than normal. We created a very clean, strict center part and sprayed fashion work 12 and shine flash 02 into the hair. I then used my fingers to rake it down so it’s not too flat – I wanted it to have some thickness. Then I used the shine flash 02 again to add extra shine just before the models walk. It’s a severe look but has a very glamorous, seductive feel to it.”
–Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
- Apply Body Full Volume Amplifier throughout damp hair (which will add thickness) and blow dry straight.
- Create a clean center part.
- Pull hair into a low ponytail and apply shine flash 02 and fashion work 12 hairspray.
- Twist hair into a small chignon and secure with an open fastener.
- Finish with additional shine flash 02 for added shine and fashion work 12 to keep the chignon looking sleek and fly-away free.
*Photos Courtesy of Redken.