Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a sleek, clean updo to match the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
“When collaborating with Marc on this look, the inspiration that was referenced was actually my own work from the 90’s. This look started as a ponytail and we reinvented it. But we couldn’t keep it simple, so created a more complicated clean and spiky version.”
–Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
–satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion
-forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Create the Look:
- Apply satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion to damp hair and blow-dry.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail at the occipital bone and secure with an elastic – make sure no part is showing, and that it’s clean off the face.
- Flip the ponytail towards the front of the head, and about 2 inches above the elastic, secure the hair with a silver clip.
- Then flip the ponytail back down towards the nape of the neck and about 2 inches below the elastic, secure with a 2nd clip to create a bump effect.
- Spray the entire shape with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.
- Pull a few pieces out from the bump and spray with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to create an aerodynamic effect
- Finish the look by adding a heavy amount of glass 01 smoothing serum to the area from the hairline to the elastic for a high shine look.
Looking for the latest in hair fashion? For more information visit Redken.com to locate a salon, Become a Redken Facebook Fan or follow us on Twitter @Redken5thAve
Leave a Reply