Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a unique pulled back style that was sleek and sophisticated in the front yet girly with a natural in the back, perfectly reflecting the aesthetic of Victoria’s Beckham’s Spring/Summer 2012 modern, chic collection.
“I needed to break the clean, sleek lines in the front to modernize the look, so I created a rough matte texture in the back. The key is to make it look effortless, which I did by using two distinct textures in one look. Some find it difficult to wear their face so exposed, but the boldness and austerity of the forehead in this look is what makes it beautiful.”
–Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
– Hardwear 16 super strength sculpting gel
– Guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam
– Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
– Starting with dry hair, comb back a 4-5 inch top section from the forehead to the crown and comb a generous amount of hardwear 16 super strength sculpting gel into the whole section. Clip the end of the section up out of the way.
– Apply guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam through the remainder of the hair until evenly distributed and damp with the product.
– Clip the front section at the crown back with a metal bar clip and then coat the top section with glass 01 smoothing serum for a lacquered finish.
– Let the hair air dry or rough dry with a blow dryer and then add forceful 23 super strength finishing spray for texture, concentrating on the sides so that no stray hairs are around the face.
Looking for the latest in hair fashion? For more information visit Redken.com to locate a salon, Become a Redken Facebook Fan or follow us on Twitter @Redken5thAve
Leave a Reply