Get the Look: Redken FW2016 PFW Lanvin Hair Recap
Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a retro hairstyle with slight lift at the front and a deep side part at the Lanvin Fall/Winter 2016 show.
“This look goes hand in hand with the simple hair theme we’ve being seeing a lot this season. The hair is kind of boyish because it’s very simple and easy looking, yet it also has a retro feeling to it. We’re bringing back a hairstyle that was seen in the 80s which is natural-looking in the back yet has that retro feel in the front. I used guts 10 at the forehead and at the sides to get that slight lift and create a feeling that it’s been pulled away at the side of the head.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Wash hair with Redken’s NEW! Beach Envy Volume Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Apply Redken guts 10 volume spray foam to roots to add slight lift and volume. Let hair air dry naturally.
- Once dry, create a deep side part and flip hair over to opposite side of head. Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray to part and hairline for hold and texture.
- Using a 1-inch curling iron, create loose waves in the back to achieve a natural look.
- Using a round brush, briefly blow dry hair in the opposite direction of the section created in step 3.
- Taking a small section of hair at the front, gently pull to the opposite side of the head and loosely pin in place. Let set for 15 minutes.
- Release pins and flip section to the opposite side of head to create natural volume and separation.
Image Credit: Giovanni Giannoni/WWD.com