5 Best Dry Skin Foundations
By Dr. Joe Cerni / Illuminate – Face & Body Bar
With Winter still beating down the door, it’s important to take care of your skin against the harsh, cold weather conditions. We all know about drinking plenty of water and applying moisturizer and sunscreen, but how do you keep skin hydrated without compromising your makeup routine? Below are my top picks for the best foundation to use to keep you skin moisturized, hydrated and looking beautiful despite all the drying weather.
- Oxygentics – is a gel based foundation typically sold in doctor’s offices. It is often used for post procedure makeup and worn mostly by those that suffer from acne. What I like best about Oxygenetics is that it heals the skin and allows the skin to breathe. Besides being the first truly breathable makeup, the foundation contains Ceravitae Complex, a patent-pending formula proven to increase oxygen uptake, stimulate skin cell production and help promote the healing process following most procedures. The breathable foundation covers and treats a wide variety of skin problems: skin injuries, wounds, rashes, cracked, dry skin, acne scars, rosacea and other skin conditions.
- Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer is a great lightweight non greasy tinted moisturizer that has a good medium coverage yet won’t clog the pores. The Hydration Tinted Moisturizer is powered with sodium hyaluronate to hydrate skin and soften fine, dry lines. Available in three lightweight formulas and perfect for all skin types, even sensitive ones, SPF Protection Tinted Moisturizer provides ideal protection from the sun’s harmful, damaging rays with broad spectrum SPF 20 UVB/UVA sunscreen while the color stays true and wears evenly. Vitamins C and E Tinted Moisturizer features an antioxidant vitamin complex of vitamins C and E that protects the skin from even the most aggressive effects of the environment.
- Color science is a new technology that matches the foundation to the exact color of the skin. Made from 100% healthy, high-intensity minerals, pigments and nourishing ingredients, including antioxidants, peptides, breathable zinc and titanium dioxide. The Tint du Soleil SPF 30 UV Protective Foundation is our favorite. The antioxidant-rich formula protects skin and gives sheer foundation coverage, while providing nourishing vitamins to improve the overall health of skin.
- Youngblood is the premier luxury mineral cosmetics line made of natural, finely ground minerals from the earth — without any of the common irritants (including chemicals, dyes and preservatives) found in conventional makeup. Created by former medical aesthetician, Pauline Youngblood, many of the products contain a blend of Malachite, Rhodolite, Hematite and Zincite to help protect cells and tissue. Youngblood is gentle to all skin types and conditions, including skin recovering from laser or chemical peels, or experiencing rosacea, acne or discoloration.
- Jane Iredale – Made without talc, FD&C dyes, synthetic preservatives, parabens, or synthetic fragrance, our natural, long-wearing, mineral foundations encourage your skin to breathe and bring your essential beauty to light. Our favorite is the Dream Tint Moisturizer that gives your complexion a dewy, soft-focused effect with our hydrating, lightweight, water-resistant tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 — all while improving your skin’s elasticity and smoothing fine lines.
Bonus: Stila – With an advanced emollient system to hydrate and moisturize the skin, a unique multi-mineral complex and an array of skin soothing ingredients, skin perfection has never been easier to achieve. The Perfect & Correct Foundation offers lightweight, buildable coverage while improving the look and feel of skin. This innovative foundation delivers one high performance, high definition, long-wearing, complexion-perfecting product. The Foundation is energized with Stila’s exclusive Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex™. The youth revival bio available mineral complex does not just conceal and correct imperfections on skin like most mineral formulas, it actually works with your skin and reads and reacts to your skin’s needs.
Dr. Joe Cerni / Illuminate Bio: Dr. Joe Cerni is a cosmetic physician, researcher and speaker specializing in aesthetic and regenerative medicine. He serves as a medical director of three private practices including his own Forever Ageless Inc., which is located in Newport Beach, Calif. He is also the medical director and owner of Illuminate –Face & Body Bar, whose goal is to create a lifestyle brand that reflects beauty, health, balance, transformation and confidence. Illuminate’s first location will be open in early 2016 in Las Vegas with an additional location opening in San Diego, Calif. in mid-2016.
For more information, please visit www.illuminatefaceandbodybar.com
At times product samples/gratis are sent for review, color matching and/or photography purposes
Any sponsored or paid content will be marked as such at the start of the article.
Leave a Reply