Awards season is upon us…the gowns, the jewels, the makeup…the HAIR!
Thanks to our beauty friends at Matrix, we got the inside scoop on the “hair how to” for red carpet beauties Sarah Hyland, Olivia Munn, and Karina Smirnoff.
Styled by: Ryan Richman
Get the Look:
I was inspired by her Christian Siriano dress, which was multi-textured so I went with a sleek clean hairstyle to balance the look.
On clean, damp hair I applied a generous amount of of Matrix Biolage Smoothing Shine Milk, to control frizz and fly-aways. I combed the hair to distribute the product evenly and set a deep side part.
Using a large boar bristle round brush I began blow drying one inch sections of hair until straight and smooth. I applied Matrix Biolage Thermal-Active Repair Gloss to each section before drying to protect against heat and to add shine.
Using a flat iron on medium heat I smoothed small sections of hair from mid shaft to ends, leading with a flat boar bristle brush.
To finish, I loosely tucked the hair behind both ears and sprayed Matrix Biolage Freeze Fix Anti-Humidity Hairspray to lock the style into place and tame remaining fly-aways.
Product Photos for Sarah’s look in the link below:
Styled by: Maranda Widlund
Get the Look:
· We decided to give Olivia a cool textured ponytail to go with her couture-sequined dress.
· I started by prepping the hair with Matrix Biolage VOLUMEBLOOM Full Lift Volumizer Spray, working it in at the roots to add a lot of height.
· Then I curled sections of the hair and tossed them, giving it a slight beachy curl, and put it up in a high ponytail.
· I finished with with Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast-Drying Hairspray to ensure every piece stayed where it’s meant to!
· Her look is very glamorous, but with a modern twist.
· This look works better if the hair is not completely clean to start. You can use Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner as an alternative to washing your hair, which will help keep natural oils in the hair and make it easier to create more bounce.
Styled by: George Papanikolas
Get the Look:
· Start by washing hair with the Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Fine Hair
· Apply the Matrix Biolage Whipped Mouse
· Flip hair upside down and rough dry
· Spray hair with Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast-Drying Hairspray and use a one inch curling iron
· Curl each section away from the face and pin it up with clips so it can set
· Spray the hair with Matrix Design Pulse Clean Remix Instant Dry Shampoo
· Take down the back area of the hair first and create a square
· Make a ponytail with the hair in the square, making it an anchor
· Take down the rest of the curls and pin each piece to the anchor
· Spray hair once more with the Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast Drying Hairspray