Milan FW Trend Report Spring Summer 2016 Alberta Ferretti
Get the Runway Look at Home
Runway Photo by Davide Maestri/WWD
Slideshow photos used with permission from Redken
Milan FW Trend Report SS/16 Alberta Ferretti
“The ethereal nature of the collection was no surprise, but its rich sand-and-shadow color scheme of beige, black and rust felt new and gave chic tonal depth to romantic bohemian. Accessorizing everything with hammered, leather-bound metal jewelry and gladiators gave the look a tribal vibe. Indeed, backstage before the show Ferretti said she had focused on a more diverse casting than usual “because fashion speaks to all of the world.” It also worked with the lineup’s vaguely African, dune-swept motif. ” – WWD
INSPIRATION: “The Alberta Ferretti woman is always very beautiful and feminine, and this look is exactly that. It’s a little late-70s or early-80s feeling with the soft hairlines and a little bit of height at the top, but overall it’s very simple. Redken’s wind blown 05 was the main product I used because it gives you some friction and texture when creating these sorts of updos – it makes the hair very manageable to work with. I twisted the back section up so that it’s very loose and soft, almost like the girls were playing with their hair and then just kind of pulled it up, and then twisted the front pieces back around the head, accentuating it with the gold thread so it’s almost like a bit of jewelry in the hair. I like that we can put a little something in our hair, even something as small as a piece of thread, to make a very simple style look so special. ” – Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
MILAN FW FASHION WEEK GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Blow dry hair using a round brush to create volume at the roots.
- Thoroughly spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair for added texture.
- Use fingers to create a deep side part.
- Take the back section of hair and twist up into a ponytail and secure with gold elastic.
- Twist the length of the ponytail around the head and secure with hair pins.
- Wrap the gold elastic multiple times around each of the two front sections of hair, and then twist each section around the head, securing in the back with hair pins.
- Pull out baby hairs and random strands to soften the hairline before finishing with another mist of Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray.
Check out the Milan FW Fashion Week Trend Report SS16 Alberta Ferretti /Redken product and show images below:
At times product samples/gratis are sent for review, color matching and/or photography purposes
Any sponsored or paid content will be marked as such at the start of the article.
Leave a Reply