Milan FW Trend Report Spring Summer 2016 Prada
Get the Runway Look at Home
Runway Photo by Giovanni Giannoni/WWD
Slideshow photos used with permission from Redken
Milan FW Trend Report SS/16 Prada
“In a sense this was a different side to spring’s pink-and-blue girliness, with tailoring again front and center. At the core: A square jacket and slim skirt in neutrals or mannish tweeds, only the skirts got extra panels that flapped in stride and the jackets, thin lines that defined seams and edged collars. Yet lest the message be singular and straightforward, Prada added out-there yokes, overlays of colorful fishnet and spangles with a DIY look that dared the perfect pieces beneath to take themselves too seriously. ” – WWD
INSPIRATION: “Mrs. Prada had this idea of ‘conservative eccentricity.’ It feels a bit 20s, but a bit 70s when women often had very tough, extreme looks, which makes a very strong statement on the runway. It’s a simple look that screams. First, I cut each of the girls’ bangs to frame their face, so each girl really has her own style. I cut very aggressive bangs on only 5 or 6 of the girls, and it works because part of being a Prada girl is embracing the moment. I used Redken’s hardwear 16 to give some finish and toughness to the bangs, and then used Redken’s forceful 23 hairspray to slick the hair back into a simple ponytail, accentuating the head shape, which adds a sense of ease and boyishness to the finished look.” – Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
MILAN FW FASHION WEEK GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Book an appointment at your favorite Redken salon, and ask your stylist for bangs with tapered edges that best suit your face shape.
- To style the look, start by spraying Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Work a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion into damp hair.
- Blow dry hair straight using a flat brush.
- Tie hair back into a low ponytail, securing at the base of the head with an elastic.
- Apply a dime-size amount of Redken hardwear 16 super-strong sculpting gel to the hairline and bangs, and then spray with Redken forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to set the style.
- Finish by spraying a light layer of Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray all over hair for lasting hold.
Check out the Milan FW Fashion Week Trend Report SS16 Prada /Redken product and show images below: