By Christabelle… @CBellesCloset
The snow must go on…#NYFW proves to be better than USPS – Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail will stop Mercedes Benz Fashion Week 2013 from delivering the shows…
Rag & Bone F/W 2013
Redken Creative Consultant Guido kicked off Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2013 with a loose chignon for the Rag & Bone show this evening, and the show went on without a hitch despite the impending snowstorm. He created a relaxed, nonchalant knot with an emphasis on texture and a nod to the sixties.
“This look is really very fitting for the Rag + Bone girl, it’s a little bit Edie-Sedgwick inspired but it’s not too exaggerated. It’s got a tomboy feeling, but it also has a certain softness to it… Creating the low side part and then sweeping the hair over the forehead ultimately gives it a feminine feel.”
-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
- Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair from roots to ends.
- Create a deep, clean low side part.
- Rough blow dry with fingers to create a very natural texture.
- When fully dry, add Redken powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo throughout to add texture and a matte effect.
- Drag hair together into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with elastic.
- Apply Redken quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to the ponytail and twist into a loose knot, securing with pins and letting a the “wispy” ends come out.
- “Soften” the whole look by pulling the hair up a bit at the crown, not too exaggerated but to add a little height.
Redken Products Used:
-guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam