Runway Photo by Robert Mitra/WWD
Slideshow photos by Stila Cosmetics
NYFW Trend Report: SS16 Banana Republic
THE MAKEUP TREND: Flower Fusion
In order to pop the beautiful colors on the lip and cheek, create a peaches and cream complexion including around the eye area to show off the lashes – Sarah Lucero, Stila’s Global Director of Creative Artistry
STILA PRODUCTS TO GET THE LOOK:
- Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush in Shimmering Lotus
- Mile High Lashes Mascara
- Eyes Are the Window Shadow Palette in Mind
- Kajol Eye Liner in Topaz
- Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Carina
THE HAIR TREND: Inspired by the rich textures and colors of exotic spice markets across the world, Creative Director, Marissa Webb took her iconic delicate, utlilitarian style and added a youthful flare to the Banana Republic Spring/Summer 2016 Collection. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created two hairstyles to highlight the collaborative looks of this collection
Deep Side Part Down-Do :
- Apply TRESemmé Extra Firm Control Mousse through lengths of hair and blow dry loosely with round brush to create a smooth foundation.
- Create a deep side part and separate a 2-inch section from part on both sides.
- Gently brush the 2-inch sections behind ears and secure ends with an elastic at the nape of the neck.
- Create loose waves with the remaining lengths using a 1 ½-inch curling iron, leaving the ends out.
- Finish the look with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Frizz-Free Hold Hair Spray for lasting hold and smoothness.
- Apply TRESemmé Extra Firm Control Mousse through lengths of hair and blow dry first with hands, then with a brush along the hairline, brushing hair back towards the crown.
- Use a 1 ½-inch curling iron to loosely wave big sections of hair, leaving ends out.
- Lightly mist hair with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Frizz-Free Hold Hair Spray and pull into a high ponytail that sits mid-crown, secure with an elastic. Take a small section of hair to cover elastic.
- Lightly back brush surface to create a wispy texture and spray TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Frizz-Free Hold Hair Spray to set the look.