NYFW Trend Report Spring Summer 2016 Hugo Boss
Get the Runway Look at Home
Runway Photo by Giovanni Giannoni/WWD
Slideshow photos used with permission from Redken
NYFW Trend Report SS16 Hugo Boss
“The show ended on a resolutely chic note with three riffs on traditional black tailored suits turned sensual and modern: a lean off-the-shoulder dress, a strapless jumpsuit with a sleek fold-over take on a satin lapel and a plain black jacket. No nonsense. Boss hired Wu to infuse its pragmatic focus with glamour and he’s proving to be the man for the job.” – WWD
INSPIRATION: “Hugo Boss beauty is always very simple and clean, but there is a progression every season, so it always feels modern and updated. This season, the woman is very intelligent and sophisticated, maybe a little artsy, and there’s a little reference to the mid-90s with the minimalistic look. First I blow-dried the hair using Redken’s pillow proof blow dry express primer for heat protection and the new glow dry to give it that super smooth, shiny texture. Then I pulled the hair back into a low, sleek ponytail, keeping the hairline very clean around the face, and secured with an elastic.” – Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Apply 4 – 5 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil throughout damp hair.
- Use fingers to create a deep side part and use a fine-tooth comb to smooth the hair along the part.
- Pull hair back into a sleek, low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Apply an additional 2 – 3 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil on the top of the hair and throughout the length of the ponytail for additional instant shine.
Check out the NYFW Trend Report SS16 Hugo Boss/Redken product and show images below:
At times product samples/gratis are sent for review, color matching and/or photography purposes
Any sponsored or paid content will be marked as such at the start of the article.
Leave a Reply