NYFW Trend Report Spring Summer 2016 Marc Jacobs
Get the Runway Look at Home
Runway Photo by Tommy Iannaccone/WWD
Slideshow photos used with permission from Redken
NYFW Trend Report SS16 Marc Jacobs
“Here, he took ownership of the diversity, his models cast as a bevy of young women arriving for a movie premiere, stopping for a step-and-repeat photo op before walking the runway to their seats. They were turned out in Forties glam, Eighties street, military, showgirl sass, undone Stars and Stripes, good old grunge and more. Jacobs showed most of it in highly decorated, piled-on combinations, the better to flaunt his brand’s newfound range. Plaid silk shirts (priced well south of the original Perry Ellis grunge versions), jeans, varsity sweaters integrated mostly seamlessly with his exquisitely rendered luxe offerings, with an emphasis on intricate embroideries.” – WWD
INSPIRATION: “The hair at Marc Jacobs has a bit of a 40’s feeling to it because of the shape and the wave in the front, but it feels very modern because of the texture, which I created using a combination of products to get a shiny, almost wet look. It’s almost like the girl did it herself in some ways – it’s very raw and young which gives it sort of a punk-y feeling as well. I applied Redken guts 10 to the roots of the hair to get that thick, almost undesirable texture, and then used my hands to create the disheveled, asymmetrical shape with bits of hair sticking out. I used a hair clip and Redken’s forceful 23 hairspray to hold the style, so in some ways its super feminine, but in a very downtown, modern way.” – Guido, Redken Global Creative Director
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Liberally apply Redken guts 10 volumizing spray-foam section by section to damp hair, over-saturating the roots to create a lot of grip and texture.
- Blow dry hair with a diffuser.
- Use hands to loosely swoop hair across the forehead, and then pull back into a messy, asymmetrical chignon, securing with hair pins.
- Use Redken forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray to mold hair into desired shape.
- Pull random pieces of hair out from the chignon and around the hairline, and then finish with another mist of Redken forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray to add shine and hold the shape.
- Fasten desired clip or hair accessory to the chignon with hair pins.
Check out the NYFW Trend Report SS16 Marc Jacobs/Redken product and show images below: