NYFW Trend Report Spring Summer 2016 Oscar de la Renta
Get the Runway Look at Home
Runway Photo by Giovanni Giannoni/WWD
Slideshow photos used with permission from Redken
NYFW Trend Report SS16 Oscar de la Renta
“A gorgeous black tulle gown with a high, dramatic lace neckline was embroidered with cascades of red sequin flowers, and the closing gown used loose black grosgrain bows to accent the aqua taffeta. Copping worked with de la Renta’s favorite fabrics, silk faille and taffeta, relaxing weights with nonchalant cuts and slim silhouettes.” – WWD
INSPIRATION: “The look at Oscar De La Renta this season is all about softness, richness, ease and sophistication. It’s amazing how effective a ponytail can still look today, and how a beautiful, simple style can say so much. Before blow-drying the hair, I prepped it with Redken’s pillow proof blow dry express primer and satinwear 02 to protect it from the heat and get that rich, silky texture. The very short part gives a little bit of height in the back, which gives a softer silhouette. I tied a piece of ribbon with one loop, so it isn’t a full bow, around the ponytail, so it feels very romantic and feminine. It’s amazing how a little bit of ribbon can change a simple ponytail into sometime much more poetic and special, and you can really do that with any kind of material. Like we’ve been seeing at many shows this season already, it’s these small details and nuances that really make a simple hairdo new and modern.” – Guido, Redken Global Creative Director Guido
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion all over hair, focusing on the roots.
- Use fingers to create a short center part.
- Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth, lifting the hair at the crown to create a bit of volume.
- Gather hair into a low, loose ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Pull little bits of hair out of the hairline to create a soft, drooped shape around the face.
- Finish by loosely tying a ribbon around the elastic.
Check out the NYFW Trend Report SS16 Oscar de la Renta product and show images below: