Runway photos by Rodin Banica/WWD
Slideshow photos by TRESemmé
NYFW Trend Report: SS16 Rebecca Minkoff
Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection was inspired by singer Marianne Faithfull and has a mod, boho ‘60s vibe with mini dresses, knee-high boots and bangles. To complement this effortless style, TRESemmé Lead Stylist Jeanie Syfu created an airy, textured blowout with grown out fringe bangs and a center part. “We want the look to have a bedhead feel with polished ends, so I used the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Collection to get just the right texture.” – Jeanie Syfu
GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Apply TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam on damp hair throughout the lengths and rough dry.
- Layer in TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray and continue drying until hair has a bedhead texture.
- Using a round brush, blow-dry large sections of hair applying only a light tension to the brush to finish the ends while keeping an effortless, tousled look.
- Roll the ends into large barrel curls and clip them at the temple, releasing once the look is set.Create a center part using a tail comb and make two small ponytails at the temple, fastening with elastics.
- Attach the clip-in bangs to the ponytails.Got second day hair?
- Spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo to absorb any excess oil and refresh strands.
- Back brush the surface of hair to create added, airy texture.
- TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam
- TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray
- TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- Tools: Blow dryer, large ceramic or metal round brush, clips, elastics, tail comb, Mason Pearson brush