Runway Photo by Giovanni Giannoni/WWD
Slideshow photos by Redken
NYFW Trend Report: SS16 Victoria Beckham
Perfect for the everyday woman and the Victoria Beckham Spring/Summer 2015 runway, Redken Global Creative Director Guido achieved a sophisticated, simple style full of glamour and shine.
“Victoria is a very modern designer and she likes a very simple, easy sophisticated look. It’s very soft and pretty, but quite modern, without any specific references. First, I created a natural off-center part with my fingers so there’s an ease to it. Then, I blow-dried the hair with Redken’s satinwear 02 to get this great, smooth texture, and then twisted it back into a low bun, so that when you let it down it has this beautiful, natural movement with control around the head shape. Then, I just tucked the hair behind the ears and applied Redken’s new glow dry throughout the length to put a little bit of shine in the hair and get rid of any fly-aways. it’s a look that’s very easy for women to recreate themselves, which is what we’re seeing a lot on the runway in general and is very appealing for the everyday woman.” –Guido Palau for Redken
GET THE LOOK
Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion all over hair, focusing on the roots.
- Create an off-center part with fingers and then blow-dry hair smooth.
- Gather the length of the hair and twist into a loose, low chignon, securing with hair pins.
- Allow hair to set in the chignon for 30 minutes to 1 hour, and then let down.
- Apply 4 – 5 pumps of Redken glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry lotion throughout the length of the hair to add an instant shiny finish.
At times product samples/gratis are sent for review, color matching and/or photography purposes