My latest hair obsession is the messy ponytail. Elegant and sexy…sloppy yet refined – what isn’t to love about it? Perhaps trying to figure out how the hell to make it happen on YOUR head of hair.
So how did I make my version of Jennifer Aniston’s (one of my girl crushes and fellow Greek) perfectly imperfect pony? With a little help from my friends…at Redken.
Redken Powder Grip 03
Redken Quick Tease 15
Pour a generous amount of Redken Powder Grip 03 in your palms and run through the roots of your hair and towards the ends (this will give texture to your whole head of hair)
- Brush your hair back from the front of your crown to the back (as if prepping it for a ponytail)
- Take a 1-inch section of hair towards the middle of the crown of your head and hold it up. Then tease it by taking your teasing comb and move it up and down rapidly, moving towards the scalp. The result will be a cushioned, puffy section of hair.
- Continue to do the same towards the back of your head, but instead of using your teasing comb, use generous amounts of Redken Quick Tease 15.
Gather hair into a low ponytail, take your teasing comb and use to smooth the bump and sides; secure with an elastic.
- The messier and puffier it looks, the better. Spray and separate ends of the pony tail with Redken Quick Tease 15 (to finish off the messy look)
- Voila! You have mastered the low, messy, bumped up pony tail…
How did I do?