Start snapping and get social!
Though not all photographers by trade, we’ve all had those times when we capture stunning moments on film. Those unexpected glimpses of beauty that make us take a step back and appreciate the moment.
Danielle Guenther is just that…a self-taught photographer who loves to view the world through a child’s perspective. As a photographer (and mother), she harnesses the energy, power, enthusiasm and comedic timing of those very moments, captured with her camera lens (Check out her “Best Case Scenario” photo series). Now you can join Danielle and AVEENO® (and ME!), as we all rejoice and celebrate these unexpected, unplanned, delightfully surprising moments that are so precious to us as women (74% of us, to be exact, find exquisite beauty in the imperfect).
Bring on your air-dried hair, cartwheels in the grass, blue popsicle-stained tongues and spontaneous bubble gum blowing contests. Embrace the truth and the power that these moments offer.
Are your ready to ditch the filtered selfies and perfectly angled “hand on hip” photos and join the Unscripted Beauty revolution? I thought so…here are some tips from expert Danielle Guenther on how to begin your journey to capture your personal #UnscriptedBeauty photos:
- Be Prepared: Make sure you always have your phone or camera handy! Time is of the essence when something unexpected unfolds. I use AVEENO® POSITIVELY RADIANT® Daily Moisturizer SPF 15, so I’m always camera ready, even while I’m on the go.
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone: Even though the moment may feel personal or even raw, that’s a good thing. It means it’s authentic. People love to relate to something that feels natural.
- Don’t Distract Them: Sometimes you have to hide behind a tree or around the corner just to capture those natural moments between your family or friends.
- Just Go With It: If something completely unexpected happens, grab that camera! You have all the time after the shot to clean up and reorganize the mess, or the aftermath if you will. A picture speaks a thousand words; allow it to.
- Consider Editing Options: Don’t be scared to edit the image through a custom preset in a program or even a filter through an app. Sometimes editing can really add an extra effect to the final image.
Now that you’re ready to capture your moments, don’t forget to share them using the following hashtags:
for a chance to win* a year’s supply of AVEENO® products including AVEENO® Daily Moisturizing Lotion, and a photo shoot with Danielle. One winner will be picked in July (2015), so get snapping!
I tweeted my heartfelt #Aveeno #UnscriptedBeauty moment…what are you waiting for?